West Meon Surgery

Travel Vaccinations

If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel, we advise patients to visit the following websites as a guide to their own health risk.



Once you have ascertained what vaccines maybe needed, please complete the Travel Risk Assessment Form Dec 23 Rev c and return it to the Practice. Children under the age of 16 will also need a consent form signed by their parents, available here Travel – Child Travel Consent Form Apr 24 Rev a

The form will be reviewed by the Practice Nurse who will check your medical records to identify which of the requested vaccines you need. Arrangements will then be made for the vaccinations required to be paid for, if necessary, ordered and then administered.

It is important to complete the form as early as possible, at least 6 weeks before you travel, as some vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine.  Your appointment needs to be at least 3 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to become effective.

Some vaccinations recommended for travelling abroad may be provided free of charge as part of the NHS General Medical Service. Some however, are not, and need to be paid for before being ordered.

Please seek advice from the Practice Nurse to find out which may be chargeable

Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday.  To visit please click:- https://europa.eu/index_en.htm (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)aybe

Date published: 16th June, 2017
Date last updated: 22nd April, 2024