From September 2021, the annual seasonal influenza vaccination program will commence.
The delivery schedule of our vaccine means that we can not offer vaccinations until after the 27th September.
We are planning to provide the influenza vaccinations during our annual flu clinics at West Meon and East Meon village halls.
Due to a delay in our vaccine supply, these are now scheduled for Saturday 16th October at East Meon and Saturday 30th October at West Meon
There are trials on the provision of flu vaccine at the same time as the projected booster vaccines for COVID-19 programme. However, even if this allowed, due to the uncertainty of vaccine delivery schedule compatibility, we are not intending to provide both vaccines at the same time. Our Covid-19 vaccinations will continue at the Holiday Inn, Winchester.
During the 2021 to 2022 season , the flu jab will be available to:
- all children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2021
- all children in primary school and all children in school years 7 to 11 in secondary school
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- unpaid carers
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and adult social care staff