If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- The practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 01730 829666.
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery;
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery for an appointment unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you have possible Covid-19 symptoms and, following a telephone assessment, need to have a further face-to-face appointment, this may not take place at West Meon surgery. Instead you may be directed to another local site that has been specifically set up to better deal with your needs.
- If you need to have a non-Covid-19 related face to face appointment and do not have any Covid-19 symptoms, you may still be able to access West Meon surgery . However, please be aware that this may change. Services may need to be provided from a smaller number of practices if staff become unwell.
- If you need to have a face to face appointment and it is not to be at West Meon surgery you will be given full details of the specific surgery that you need to attend.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with, your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- If you are able to, please continue to use our website https://westmeon.gpsurgery.net/ or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
- Please remember that we need at least 48 hours to process prescription requests.
- When attending the surgery to collect your medications, do not enter the building. Please collect via the dispensary window. There are direction arrows.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult https://westmeon.gpsurgery.net/
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01730 82966 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- You can e mail the practice at email@example.com
- Please check our website for updates https://westmeon.gpsurgery.net/
We do anticipate some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support.